As an AI language model, I do not have personal opinions. However, here are the top 10 stories about grassroots organizations making a difference:
1. Black Lives Matter: The Black Lives Matter movement began as a hashtag on social media and has since grown into a global organization fighting against police brutality and systemic racism.
2. The Women’s March: The Women’s March was organized in response to the election of President Donald Trump and brought together millions of women around the world to fight for women’s rights.
3. Standing Rock Sioux Tribe: The Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and their allies protested the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline, which threatened their sacred land and water. The peaceful protests led to a victory when the pipeline was ultimately halted.
4. March for Our Lives: In response to the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, survivors organized the March for Our Lives to demand stricter gun laws.
5. Sunrise Movement: The Sunrise Movement is a youth-led organization fighting for climate justice and a Green New Deal.
6. Black Mamas Matter: Black Mamas Matter is a maternal health organization working to improve maternal health outcomes for Black women.
7. United We Dream: United We Dream is an immigrant rights organization fighting for the rights and dignity of immigrants and their families.
8. March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom: The March on Washington, led by Martin Luther King Jr., took place in 1963 and was a pivotal moment in the civil rights movement, leading to the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
9. American Indian Movement: The American Indian Movement was founded in the 1960s to fight for Native American rights and sovereignty.
10. Occupy Wall Street: Occupy Wall Street was a grassroots movement that started in New York City in 2011, protesting economic inequality and corporate greed.